NEW Salmon Watch Teacher Training!
All LBSW teachers are highly encouraged to attend our FREE training to enhance the overall Salmon Watch experience. To sign-up click HERE!
When: Tuesday, August 15th, 8 am – 1:45 pm (optional session from 1:45 – 2:30 pm)
Where: Albany Senior Center, 489 Water Avenue NW, Albany, Oregon
- What to expect at Salmon Watch
- Introduction to field stations
- Curriculum and education standards
- Data analysis and entry
- Community resources
- Environmental education yearlong plan (optional)
*Professional development units and stipends may be available to participating teachers
Reserve your dates for Salmon Watch field trips:
- Albany, Central Linn and Harrisburg Schools, sign-up here!
- Sweet Home and Lebanon Schools, sign-up here!
- Corvallis, Monroe and Philomath Schools, sign-up here!
We prefer to host approximately 30 students per day.
(let us know if you need adjustments to the schedule)
Shortened Day Schedule 10:00 – 1:00
(for schools with bussing limitations)
Maps to locations:
- Waterloo Park – google map (Albany, Central Linn, Harrisburg Schools)
- Northside Park – google map (Sweet Home and Lebanon Schools)
- Clemens Park – google map (Corvallis, Monroe, Philomath Schools)
- Field trip station curriculum (Salmon Biology, Water Quality, Macroinvertebrates, Riparian Areas)
- Salmon Watch year curriculum, 10th addition